DEX: Dakota Events CompleX
Along with Henry Carlson Construction in Sioux Falls, Kyburz-Carlson Construction built the new Dakota Events CompleX (DEX) in Huron. For 135 years, the South Dakota State Fair has been a place to celebrate youth and agriculture. Since the late 1970s, the Open Class Beef Complex has been a part of that celebration. It’s held many memories and has been an important part of the culture of the South Dakota State Fairgrounds. On October 31, 2020, early Halloween morning, that all changed with a fire that destroyed the 96,000 SF building. Read more about the project here.
The new DEX features:
- Approximately 150,000 square feet, one-of-a-kind, livestock and equestrian facility that will set a new standard for hosting local and national events.
- 5,000 seats for spectators
- The capacity to host two full size equestrian arenas, larger livestock shows, concerts, auto thrill shows, and events throughout the year make this complex unmatched.
- House two, full-sized equestrian arenas, or 1,700 plus cattle stalls
- Heated for year-round usage and include a ventilation system to ensure proper air movement.
- To create a positive experience for livestock shows and equestrian events, adequate electrical drops and a variety of access points for water, including water drops throughout the building, will be available.
- The DEX has a pre-function and concession area with restrooms.